Saturday, April 27, 2013

Breadsticks- Cauliflower style

Yup another pinterest recipe.  I'll admit I'm going to double this recipe next time- and i'll also find my parchment paper so it actually is easier to flip them

1/4 Head cauliflower
1/2 cup mozza or italian blend cheese-divided
1 egg white
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning-divided(or like i did a dash each of oregano, rosemary, thyme and basil)
2tsp oil
2 cloves garlic 

Preheat oven to 350F

Rice your cauliflower.  Which after my research told me to - shred it with a grater.  Microwave for 5 minutes in a bowl. While it's microwaving in a small saucepan saute the garlic and oil.

Add the oil/garlic to the cauliflower and stir.  Add in 1/2 the cheese, 1/2 the seasoning then spread on parchment on a baking sheet. Sprinkle 1/2 the remaining cheese and 1/2 the remaining seasoning. Bake until lightly brown (about 25-30 minutes). Remove from oven let cool for a few minutes then flip (this is where parchment comes in handy flip onto a new piece then move to the new parchment to the sheet.  Of course I couldn't find my parchment so used my silicone mat- which I have one of only.  SO I did split them into larger pieces and then flipped those on the same sheet. Don't think it affected the outcome at all.
Sprinkle the new topside with the last cheese and seasoning and bake for another 10 minutes or so until brown.  Remove- let cool a few minutes then divide into sticks and move to a plate.  They firm up as they cool.


Serve with warm marinara sauce (that I admittedly bought in a jar from the store)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...