Thursday, February 28, 2013

Stir Fry Kale and Broccoli

Confession time again- I've never eaten Kale.  Well I might have- mixed in with something. A friend has been raving about kale chips. It made me curious.  I needed a veggie for tonight and this recipe looked good. It is now my official favorite way to make broccoli and the kale was great. And that's coming from someone who does NOT like greens. Kids ate it before the pork and potato salad!

  • bunch of kale- stalks removed- torn into bite size peices 
  • head of broccoli florets
  • 2 limes
  • 2 tbsp Olive Oil 
  • 7 cloves garlic minced
  • 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes 
  • salt to taste 
Heat oil and garlic in a large sauce pan for 2 minutes.  Keep an eye on it so the garlic does not brown too much.  Add in the broccoli and cook mixing constantly for 1 minute. Add in the Kale and cook stirring for 2 more minutes.  Sprinkle on the juice of the limes and add the sundried tomatoes mix and remove from heat.


1 comment:

  1. This dish is really great. Actually, my mother cooked this for me when I visited her and after I tasted this dish, I would like to learn how to cook this stir fry. I'm sure this blog will help me a lot to cook this delicious recipe. Anyway, thank you for sharing your recipe.

    Beef Stir Fry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...