Friday, August 3, 2012

No Bake Cake Batter Fudge

Kids are off to their dads, I'm home alone and it's miserable and rainy out.  When the kids are gone I try to avoid buying groceries and usually don't cook big meals just for me. A friend keeps commenting on cupcake posts on facebook and it got me craving.  So off to pinterest for something fast and easy and hopefully no bake. 

So here we are- original recipe from here

Off to the pantry I go- i have white cake batter but not yellow- and no sprinkles.  MMMMM I think white chocolate chips instead.  Nope kids ate those all gone! So this is a plain Jane version.

Microwavable bowl mix together
1 cup cake mix
1 cup powdered sugar
then add in
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter

Don't stir. Microwave until melted.  Original recipe said 2 minutes- that was too long for mine- i got a couple spots of carmalized butter/sugar out of it. Next time I'll just keep an eye

Stir until completely mixed, add in any add ins such as sprinkles - and stir only until distributed.  Spread into a greased container (This recipe worked well into a pie plate) and place in fridge to cool for about 1 hour.
mixed and ready to go in the fridge

Total time from start (as in got off the couch) until into the fridge- around 5 minutes :)

Servings: 8
WW Points: 6 (no add ins)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...