Sunday, January 27, 2013

Brussel Sprouts even I'll eat-Roasted BS with Garlic Aioli

I admit- I have been scarred by childhood memories of Brussel sprouts. But I've been eying them up and decided to try them again.

Roasted Brussel Sprouts & Homemade Garlic Aioli

So far roasting has made many veggies I'd written off edible and almost even enjoyable so Roasting we go.

  • 20 brussel sprouts (approx 1lb) 
  • 1tbsp olive oil
  • salt
  • pepper
 Nothing exciting about this prep- quarter the Brussel sprouts, drizzle (or toss) the olive oil dash of salt and pepper.  Place on a baking sheet and into the oven at 400F for about 15 minutes.  I take them out 1/2 way through and move them around to get more even cooking.

Garlic Aioli:
While the above is roasting prep the aioli.
  • 6 tbsp Mayo
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 1tsp Parsley
  • 1 clove garlic
Mix (I used my immersion blender) and serve with the sprouts.  This turned out incredibly delicious! 


Parmesan & Panko Chicken

This paired up nicely with the above.
  • 3-4 chicken breasts
  • 3tsp mayo
  • 3 tbsp parmesan
  • 3 tbsp Panko bread crumbs
Pound the breasts  so they are evenly thick. Place on non stick baking sheet, spread the mayo over the top, then the parmesan and finish with the bread crumbs.  Cook at 400F for about 15 minutes or until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...