Friday, June 22, 2012

Mustard Chicken and Curried Veggies and the Yummiest desert around

It's Wednesday- my work has cancelled so meal plan day got pushed up and we headed to the grocery store.

Mustard Breaded Chicken

WHOOPS NO PHOTO
Sorry folks- one of my bff's phoned while i just finished cooking- i got eating before i realized WHOOPS no photo! So you'll have to imagine it.

I tweaked the recipe and made it as follows:
  • 1/2 cup Sour cream- (I used light) 
  • 1 tbs Mustard- Dijon or honey- i used honey because that's what's in the house
  • 1/2 cup Bread crumbs- I used an Italian bread crumb mix that has some romano cheese and herbs in it. 
  • 3-4 chicken breasts- skinless and boneless.
Mix the sour cream and mustard in a bowl and let the chicken breasts marinate for 15 minutes.  Then take them out, bread with the crumbs.
Bake at 350 for about 20-30 minutes until done. These were crispy on the outside moist on the inside. Not sure if this is my favorite recipe for breaded chicken- but it was interesting to try. If I could find Panko I'd try it with that for the bread crumbs. Kids loved it!
WW Point/breast: 8

Curried Veggies: 
Simple and decently good- next time more curry!
Head of Cauliflower (we also did some broccoli)
2-3 TBS Olive Oil
Curry powder to taste

So easy- toss them in the oil and curry powder- bake at 475F for 6 minutes until just getting brown and crispy- serve immediately!
Yeah yeah just like above- no photo sorry!
WW Points: 0!

Doughboy Cheesecake= Delicious! 
The idea for this desert came from here via Pinterest
However I tweaked it to bring down the points and well I'm lazy :) Next time if I think ahead I'll buy light cream cheese and use splenda in place of the sugar. Because this is GOOD and needs to be made again!
I did 1/2 the recipe and made it in a pie dish.

  • 1 can crescent rolls
  • 1 package (8oz) cream cheese
  • 1/4 cup Sugar
  • cinnamon/Sugar
Easy peasy this is.  Take 1/2 the container of crescent roll stretch it out and cover the bottom of the pie pan
Mix Softened cream cheese and sugar Spread over the crescent roll dough.  Take the other 1/2 of the crescent rolls- stretch out and cover the top.  Mine didn't cover it perfect- but that does not matter.  Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mix over top.  Bake at 375 for 20 minutes until just lightly brown  I admit I overcooked just a bit.  Best served warm- but not hot.
8 servings
WW Points: 6


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...