Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Olive Garden Esque Alfredo

Oh this turned out really delicious! Will make again.  I went full fat this time with full whipping cream and butter.  Next time I will try it with a lighter cream and see how it results.  This did not thicken up much- I've seen recipes with a couple tbsp's of flour in it and that's an option too.

I paired it with fresh pasta delicous!

1 500ml Container whole cream
3/4 cup Shredded/ grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 cup butter
Garlic minced about 1 tsp
Parsley flakes

Melt in the pan stirring until mixed- then simmer for about 15 minutes stirring to prevent burning. Let cool a bit and serve over pasta.  Garnish with parsley and a bit more Parmesan

Servings: 8 (generous)
WW Points: 9 (Sauce only)

I look forward to trying to make this a bit healthier with my next attempts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...